Update to Vaccine Allocation Strategy (23rd February 2021)
- Cohort 4: Those aged 16-69 with a medical condition that puts them at very high risk of severe disease and death will be Cohort 4 and be vaccinated directly after those aged ≥70 and living in the community.
- This category includes Chronic kidney disease (on dialysis, or eGFR <15 ml/min)
- This category includes Immunocompromised (severe immunocompromise due to disease or treatment, for example, Transplantation: - Listed for solid organ or haematopoietic stem cell transplant (HSCT) - Post solid organ transplant at any time)
- Cohort 5 will consist of those aged between 65 and 69 whose underlying condition puts them at a high risk of severe disease and death
- Cohort 6 will comprise those aged 65-69. They will be vaccinated alongside healthcare workers who are not in a patient facing role. Key workers essential to the vaccine programme will also be included in this cohort
- Cohort 7 will consist of those aged 16-64 who have an underlying condition that puts them at high risk of severe disease and death