How To Set Up A Fundraiser For Us
First of all - thank you for thinking of us for your fundraiser! Here are the three best ways to set up, either online or offline. If in doubt, please get in touch and we will be happy to help!
Unfortunately we are currently experiencing issues with our Facebook fundraising platform. We are working to resolve this as quickly as we can, but please feel free to use another fundraising platform or contact us to discuss the best option for you in the meantime. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience.
JustGiving fundraisers are easy to share on all platforms, have a very user-friendly set up, and we are a verified charity on their site. They take a 2.9% processing fee, meaning for every €10 donated they will take €0.29 and we would receive €9.71.
Maybe you simply want to host an event or fun day with collection buckets, or be sponsored for a walk with traditional sponsorship cards. We have everything available in the office to help you get set up - just contact us with your plans and we can take it from there!
- We have a verified Facebook account so any money raised there comes directly to us at the end - you don't have to do anything at all.
- The biggest benefit to Facebook fundraisers is that they don’t take any fees, so 100% of what you raise will come to the IKA.
- Keep an eye on each step before you proceed as some things can't be changed after you publish your fundraiser - it sometimes likes to default to USD instead of EUR. This won't affect your ability to fundraise and people can still donate in EUR, but your total will show in dollars.
- Set your fundraiser end date for a little while after you actually plan to end your fundraiser. Once your fundraiser ends, the ability to donate ends and you can't open it back up. This will save any hassle if you have any delays or setbacks in your plans.
- We have a verified account with JustGiving, which means any money that is collected for the IKA is delivered straight to our accounts at the end of the event – you won’t need to do anything for this.
- The money is ring-fenced in a trust before it is given to us, which means if JustGiving went into administration before the end of your fundraiser, no money would be lost (this is unlikely but you never know!).
- They take a fee from each donation of 2.9%.
- You can update a JustGiving fundraiser with any amount you have raised in cash too, so your final total reflects exactly what you have raised.
GoFundMe is another popular platform for online donations.
We wouldn't usually encouage people to fundraise on GoFundMe, as it is not as secure for us as the other platforms above. The person running the fundraiser has the ability to withdraw the money themselves, and whilst most people are honest and go on to donate this cash to us (by cheque or bank transfer usually), there has been the odd occasion where intentions have not been so honourable.
Any kind of support we are able to offer!
We have supplies of t-shirts, posters, backdrops, collection buckets, stands and even (depending on the event) tents and inflatables. We will share your fundraiser on our social media platforms, and our PR team are always looking for good stories for the media and our own Support Magazine. Just get in touch with us and we will see what we can do.
FUNDRAISING CONTRIBUTION CHARTER
Here at the IKA we want to support all your endeavours in fundraising for the Irish Kidney Association. We know that the task can sometimes be daunting and we're sure you have lots of questions. Please click on the button below to read through our Fundraising Contributor Charter.
HOW TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE IKA
There are many ways you can contribute to the Irish Kidney Association programmes in patient care and education. All gifts, regardless of size, really do make a difference. And all are appreciated.
You can make a custom donation online using PayPal. You don't need to have a PayPal account to do this. PayPal take a fee of 1.9% + €0.35 per transaction.
We can process donations and purchases of items from our online shop over the phone using SumUp. SumUp takes a fee of 2.95% + €0.25 per transaction. Just call us on +353 1 620 5306 and we'll be happy to help!
Unfortunately due to repeated attempted frauds we can no longer provide our bank account details online. Please email email@example.com with your name, phone number and address and we will be in touch.
You can send these directly to our head office in Dublin:
Donor House, Block 43A
Park West, Dublin 12
Please include a note with your name and contact details so we can be sure to get our receipt - and thanks - to you!
GET IN TOUCH, WE'D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!
Here at the IKA we're more than happy to assist you with anything you might need. If you've got any questions or concerns then please feel free to use the contact form to send us a message.