The Irish Kidney Association Renal Support Centre has been in operation since 2000. Located in the grounds of Beaumont Hospital, just 100 metres walk from the main hospital entrance, the Centre is open all year round and provides free accommodation for all its residents. Rooms are available for:
- Families of Kidney Patients from outside Dublin, no matter what Dublin hospital their family member is attending.
- Kidney Patients who have to travel long distances to see their consultant as an outpatient may stay overnight.
- Preference for accommodation is given to families of patients receiving transplants from deceased and living donors and families of the seriously ill.
How To Book
As part of Covid-19 contingency plans Beaumont Hospital has sequestered the Renal Support Centre. In the meantime we are currently providing accommodation in a hotel. Please call 01-6908887 for information on booking a room.
13 en-suite double bedrooms
- Each bedroom sleeps up to 4 people.
- All rooms have TV's and linens are provided.
- Rooms are in direct contact to and from the hospital ward by telephone.
Fully fitted kitchen
- Available for guests to prepare meals.
- Tea and coffee facilities provided for residents and guests.
- Spaces available for overnight residents only.
Comfortable communal sitting room
- Satellite television.
- Small library.
- Washing powder supplied.
- Ironing facilities available.
- The Centre can provide this service, as required, for outpatients and their families.
The Renal Support Centre is owned and funded by the Irish Kidney Association. Donations from residents and fundraising initiatives are most welcome.