The Irish Kidney Association Renal Support Centre has been in operation since 2000. Located in the grounds of Beaumont Hospital, just 100 metres walk from the main hospital entrance, the Centre is open all year round and provides free accommodation for all its residents. Rooms are available for:
- Families of Kidney Patients from outside Dublin, no matter what Dublin hospital their family member is attending.
- Kidney Patients who have to travel long distances to see their consultant as an outpatient may stay overnight.
- Preference for accommodation is given to families of patients receiving transplants from deceased and living donors and families of the seriously ill.
13 en-suite double bedrooms
- Each bedroom sleeps up to 4 people.
- All rooms have TV's and linens are provided.
- Rooms are in direct contact to and from the hospital ward by telephone.
Comfortable communal sitting room
- Satellite television.
- Small library.
Fully fitted kitchen
- Available for guests to prepare meals.
- Tea and coffee facilities provided for residents and guests.
- Washing powder supplied.
- Ironing facilities available.
- Spaces available for overnight residents only.
- The Centre can provide this service, as required, for outpatients and their families.
How to book / Opening hours
As part of Covid-19 contingency plans Beaumont Hospital has sequestered the Renal Support Centre. Please call 087-4169907 for information on booking accommodation in the meantime.
Tel: (01) 837 3952
08:30 - 13:00 & 14:00 - 16:30 Monday to Friday.
12:00 - 16:00 Saturday & Sunday.
The Support Centre is open to residents year round.
Day facilities are available:
08:30 to 16:30 Monday to Friday.
12:00 -16:00 Saturday & Sunday.
As part of Covid-19 contingency plans Beaumont Hospital has sequestered the Renal Support Centre.
The Renal Support Centre is owned and funded by the Irish Kidney Association. Donations from residents and fundraising initiatives are most welcome