The Irish Kidney Association has two self-catering accommodation locations in Ireland for peritoneal dialysis (PD) and kidney transplant patients (TX) open from December 21 - April 22; Tralee and Killarney in Co. Kerry.
Tralee Holiday Home, Kerry
One 2 story detached 4-bedroom house for 1 patient and family.
Maximum 8 people
5-night holiday break
Killarney Holiday Home, Kerry
One 2 story terraced 2-bedroom house for 1 patient and family.
Maximum 4 people.
5-night holiday break
General Information Notice & Terms and Conditions of Holiday booking
These terms and conditions ensure we can operate the holiday homes safely for all patients and families in these challenging COVID times. Acceptance of these terms and conditions ensures if there is a problem, we can resolve any issues quickly.
We will operate locations this year on a 5 & 7-night basis (Saturday to Thursday and Saturday to Saturday, depending on location) to implement cleaning & comply with COVID-19 guidelines in our holiday homes. We have enhanced sanitation procedures and new practises have been implemented for the safety of guests. We will continue to monitor all developments relating to COVID-19 and remain committed to ensuring a safe environment for guests. We also request guests adhere to COVID-19 guidelines and this will be a condition of booking.
- Please bring your own towels, face cloths, dish cloths and tea towels as these are not provided.
- For infection control reasons, (contact tracing etc.) occupancy is strictly limited to people named on the booking form. If extra people arrive the group will be requested to leave. No further bookings will be accepted for a minimum of 5 years.
- Take all personal belongings, groceries, supplies, medical supplies etc. with you on departure. You must ensure all rubbish bags are sealed and are immediately disposed of in the outside bins provided.
- If premises are not left generally clean (e.g. dirty dishes left in kitchen, bins unemptied) no further bookings will be accepted for a minimum of 5 years. It is not necessary to vacuum or wash floors.
- No pets are allowed
- All holiday homes are non-smoking
If you cannot travel, please let us know as soon as possible, so we can give the booking to another person. Last minute cancellations for genuine reasons (e.g. illness) will not affect your booking priority and we will attempt to rebook you as soon as possible when you are ready to travel.
We maintain a cancellation list so please indicate on the form if you can travel at short notice.
- Please check your group for COVID-19 symptoms 72 hours prior to arrival. If you or any of your party travelling are displaying COVID-19 symptoms, please do not travel to your holiday destination and notify us as soon as possible.
- Please adhere to COVID-19 guidelines to protect yourself and our volunteers.
- Visitors (with no overnights) are allowed but social distancing is advised. No parties or large social events can be held. In the event these are held, the group will be requested to leave. No further bookings will be accepted for a minimum of 5 years.
- Portable fans should not be used as these recirculate air which can be contaminated.
- Where possible, windows and doors should be opened on a regular basis to allow for a flow of air throughout the property.
- Anti-social behaviour which disrupts the neighbourhood, breaches COVID-19 regulations or abuse of volunteers will result in the group being requested to leave. No further bookings will be accepted for a minimum of 5 years.
- The person who makes the booking is advised to keep a record of who is in their group and any visitors in case it is required for contact tracing in the future.
- Detailed guidelines on COVID-19 safety will be issued with your booking and for the safety of our volunteers we ask you comply with these guidelines.
Holiday Grants are no longer automatically paid
Holiday grants are no longer automatic. Financial support may be available from the Patient Support Manager or speak to your local branch.
Given there is likely to be more demand than properties available, accommodation is allocated based on
- The number of years since a family has had a holiday in Ireland or abroad (applies to all holidays not just IKA).
- Priority is given to families with school going children during Summer school holidays.
- Families in extreme hardship (recent deaths, extreme poverty, special needs).
- Haemodialysis patients accepted, if prepared to travel back to their home dialysis unit. (e.g. Cork patient going to Kerry).
- If still over booked, random number allocation will apply.
- Flexibility on time and location increases availability.
- Cancellation list will be maintained.
- My booking is not confirmed until I receive a confirmation letter.
- A property may become unavailable if there is a COVID-19 outbreak or the Government issues new guidelines. The IKA is not liable for any expenses incurred because of this.
- Do not travel if any of my group show symptoms of COVID-19 within 72 hours of departure time.
- My information will be kept on file and used to consult with branches and to organise my booking. Personal information will be deleted once 8 weeks have elapsed from my stay to assist with COVID-19 trace & tracking. Name, address & accommodation booked will be held for 5 years to manage priorities assigned to bookings.