The Irish Kidney Association has three self-catering accommodation locations in Ireland for dialysis and kidney transplant patients; Tramore in Co. Waterford, and Tralee and Killarney in Co. Kerry.
Tramore Apartments, Waterford
Tralee Holiday Home, Kerry
Killarney Holiday Home, Kerry
General Information Notice & Terms and Conditions of Holiday Booking
These terms and conditions ensure we can operate the holiday homes safely for all patients and families. Acceptance of these terms and conditions ensures if there is a problem, we can resolve any issues quickly.
We will operate locations this year on a 5 night basis (Saturday to Thursday) to implement cleaning & comply with covid guidelines in our holiday homes. We will continue to monitor all developments relating to Covid-19 and remain committed to ensuring a safe environment for guests. We also request guests adhere to Covid-19 guidelines and this will be a condition of booking.
Please bring your own towels, face cloths and tea towels as these are not provided.
For infection control reasons, (contact, tracing etc) occupancy is strictly limited to people named on the booking form. If extra people arrive the group will be requested to leave.
Take all personal belongings, groceries, supplies, medical supplies etc with you on departure. You must ensure all rubbish bags are sealed and are immediately disposed of in an outside bin.
Please leave premises generally clean, e.g., no dirty dishes left in kitchen, and do not leave bins unemptied.
No pets are allowed
All holiday homes are non-smoking
If you cannot travel, please let us know as soon as possible, so we can give the booking to another person. Last minute cancellations for genuine reasons e.g., illness, will not affect your booking priority and we will attempt to rebook you as soon as possible when you are ready to travel.
We maintain a cancellation list so please indicate on the form if you can travel at short notice.
Whilst Covid-19 guidelines have relaxed we ask you to continue to comply with public health advice to protect yourself and the medically vulnerable and to maintain social distancing and hand sanitation guidelines.
Visitors (with no overnights) are allowed but social distancing is advised. No parties or large social events can be held. In the event, these are held, the group will be requested to leave.
Portable fans should not be used as these recirculate air which can be contaminated.
Where possible, windows and doors should be opened on a regular basis to allow for a flow of air throughout the property.
Anti-social behaviour which disrupts the neighbourhood, breaches COVID regulations or abuse of volunteers will result in the group being requested to leave.
The person who makes the booking is advised to keep a record of who is in their group and any visitors in case it is required for contact tracing in the future.
Given there is likely to be more demand than properties available, accommodation is allocated based on:
• The number of years since family has had holiday in Ireland or abroad (applies to all holidays not just IKA holidays).
• Priority is given to families with school going children during summer school holidays.
• Families in extreme hardship (recent deaths, special needs).
• If still over booked, random number allocation will apply.
• Flexibility on time and location increases availability.
• Cancellation list will be maintained.
• My booking is not confirmed until I receive a confirmation letter.
• A property may become unavailable if there is a COVID19 outbreak before or during your stay, or Government issue new guidelines. The IKA is not liable for any expenses incurred because of this.
• We will not travel if any of my group show symptoms of COVID19 within 72 hours of departure time.
• My information will be kept on file and used to consult with branches and to organise my booking. Personal information will be deleted once 8 weeks have elapsed from my stay, to assist with Covid19 trace & tracking. Name, address & accommodation booked will be held for 5 years to manage priorities assigned to bookings.